Online Support and Connections
Online Support and Connections
Enhance your online student experience by taking full advantage of the various services available to you, as well as the connections you can make while you’re an Oredigger. At Mines, we climb together.
Mines is dedicated to the well-being of all students. We strive to create a community that cares for one another. The Crisis Assessment, Response and Education (CARE) Team Team, chaired by the Associate Vice President for Student Life, provides outreach, support and resources/options for students who are personally, academically, financially or otherwise struggling.
Student Life plans to offer web-based self-help tools to all online students. Online students will have access to Therapist Assisted Online (TAO), a web-based program that provides well-researched and highly effective strategies to help overcome anxiety, depression, and other common mental health concerns. TAO is heavily recommended or utilized with on-campus students and permits support to online students.
Dean of Students
The Dean of Students Compliance, Policy, Enforcement and Support Office (DOS Office) is responsible for enforcement of student-oriented institutional policies and committed to advocating for student success while providing assistance to students and families, alike.
- The Graduate Student Government works to represent and advocate for graduate student concerns and needs for all graduate students, including those who are online.
- The Mission of the Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP) is to provide support that contributes to the recruitment, retention, and graduation of historically underrepresented students, and to provide professional development for students, staff and faculty at Colorado School of Mines.
- The Women in Science, Engineering and Mathematics mission is to enhance opportunities for women in engineering and applied science careers and to increase the recruitment, retention and graduation of women students.
Mines Alumni is charged with (1) enriching connections between alumni and Mines through various forms of engagement and (2) promoting Mines’ rich tradition of excellence.
Services Not Included in Online-Only Programs
Online students do not pay full student fees, so some services are either limited or are not available.
- Mines Health Center and Dental Services
- Student Recreation Center
- Intramural and Club Sports/Athletics
- Student Activities
- Mines Special Events
- Student Health Insurance Plan
- RTD Pass
- Counseling Center Services Group Therapy
- Individual Clinical Therapy
Limited Access Services
- Varsity Athletic Events: Online students may attend events, but must pay the appropriate ticket price. Additional information is available on the Athletics website.
- Housing: Full-time online students are considered on a case-by-case basis for on-campus graduate housing.
Tutoring, Writing Center, Library, bookstore, software access and more.
Tech help, Disability Services, Career Services, Veteran Services, Blastercard, counseling and more.
Online student organizations, alumni connections, Dean of Students and more.