Underground Construction and Tunnel Engineering Graduate Certificate
Underground Construction and Tunnel Engineering (UCTE) is an established area of engineering that is growing in popularity both in the US and internationally.
Mines provides a unique graduate certificate that no other university in North America can offer. The UCTE grad certificate program pulls coursework from our traditional UCTE graduate degree program and makes it available to professionals in industry. Students will gain real-world experience from the Underground Construction and Management, Underground Construction Engineering in Soft Ground and Underground Construction Engineering in Hard Rock courses.
The UCTE grad certificate program also provides an opportunity for recent graduates to pursue a specialization in UCTE. There are many strong mining, civil and geological programs in the US and internationally, but the vast majority of them do not have expertise in UCTE.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Required
- GRE: Not Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Not Required
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV): Required
- Statement of Purpose: Not Required. Suggested if GPA is less than 3.0/4.0
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English, please review the English Proficiency requirement
|CREDIT HOURS||TOTAL ONLINE TUITION & FEES Fall and Spring 2022-23|
|Cost per credit hour:||$1,060|
- Employer contributions are routinely applied to cover a portion of this cost.
- Serious about a Mines program? Let Financial Aid help you consider payment options, identify employer contributions and more. We’re here to help.
- Fees for students enrolled in Mines Online programs or courses are included in the cost of tuition.
Request More Information
Investment You Can Count On
Underground Construction and Tunnel Engineering Faculty
Rank - James R. Paden Chair and Distinguished Professor
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3507
Rank - Professor and Grewcock University Endowed Chair
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-384-2498
Rank - Professor and Alacer Gold / Haddon Endowed Chair
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3041
Grad School Insights
- A fascinating look at tunneling and railroad history
Did you know that until 1910, rail passengers traveling to New York City from points west had to disembark in Jersey City, New Jersey, and take ferries across the Hudson River for the final leg of the …
- A history of tunneling and underground construction and the factors driving current and future demand
Tunneling and underground construction—likely first performed by prehistoric humans who sought to make their cave homes larger—has a long and varied history. In time, all major ancient civilizations d …
- What makes underground construction and tunnel engineering different from advanced programs in civil, mining and geological?
Underground construction and tunnel engineering is truly an interdisciplinary practice, involving knowledge and skills primarily in civil engineering, geological engineering and mining engineering and …