Petroleum Geophysics Certificate
The Online Petroleum Geophysics Certificate program at Mines is custom-designed for geoscientists wishing to strengthen or expand their geophysical skillset. Certification in this program takes advantage of Colorado School of Mines’ world-renowned expertise in resource and energy evaluation.
With guidance from industry-leading experts, students will expand their knowledge base to better address current exploration and production challenges within the oil and gas industry. Participants in this program can expect to:
- Develop a solid foundation and proficiency in geophysical methods employed in the energy industry.
- Learn the most up-to-date workflow and practices in the industry.
- Learn and understand fundamental concepts from well-known faculty, experienced in the industry.
- Develop skills to better communicate with colleagues in other disciplines in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth science or related field
- Statement of goals/purpose: share your professional, academic and personal goals and why you believe Colorado School of Mines is the best place to achieve those goals
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English, please review the English Proficiency requirement
Students working toward their certificate are required to take 12 credits consisting of the following courses:
- GPGN519 Advanced Formation Evaluation 3.0
- GPGN547 Physics, Mechanics and Petrophysics of Rocks 3.0
- GPGN558 Seismic Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis 3.0
- GPGN651 Advanced Seismology 3.0
|CREDIT HOURS||TOTAL ONLINE TUITION & FEES 2021-22|
- Employer contributions are routinely applied to cover a portion of this cost.
- Serious about a Mines program? Let Financial Aid help you consider payment options, identify employer contributions and more. We’re here to help.
- Fees for students enrolled in Mines Online programs or courses are included in the cost of tuition ($999 per credit hour)
Investment You Can Count On
Rank - Professor and Vice President for Global Initiatives
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-273-3938
Rank - Professor, Baker Hughes Chair in Petrophysics and Borehole Geophysics, and Associate Department Head
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3512