Data Science – Computer Science
Online at Colorado School of Mines
Data Science – Computer Science Post Baccalaureate Certificate
The Data Science – Computer Science graduate certificate is an online or residential program focusing on data science concepts within computer science (e.g., computational techniques and machine learning) plus prerequisite knowledge (e.g., probability and regression). The aim of this certificate is to help students develop an essential skill set in data analytics, including (1) deriving predictive insights by applying advanced statistics, modeling and programming skills, (2) acquiring in-depth knowledge of machine learning and computational techniques, and (3) unearthing important questions and intelligence for a range of industries, from product design to finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Required
- GRE: Not Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Not Required
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV): Required
- Statement of Purpose: Not Required. Suggested if GPA is less than 3.0/4.0
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English, please review the English Proficiency requirement
|View Annual Cost of Attendance|
- Employer contributions are routinely applied to cover a portion of this cost.
- Serious about a Mines program? Let Financial Aid help you consider payment options, identify employer contributions and more. We’re here to help.
- Fees for students enrolled in Mines Online programs or courses are included in the cost of tuition.
Request More Information
Investment You Can Count On
projected job growth 2018-2028
average annual salary for computer and information technology occupations
Computer Science and Data Science Faculty
Rank - Associate Professor
Department - Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3677
Rank - Teaching Professor
Department - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-273-3670
Rank - Professor and Fred Banfield Distinguished Endowed Chair
Department - Mining Engineering
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-384-2357
Rank - Assistant Professor
Department - Computer Science
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-384-2715
Grad School Insights
- How to add a master’s or graduate certificate in data science to your science or engineering degree
The world is awash in data, and companies in every single industry—from retail and health care to manufacturing and finance and beyond—are looking to harness that information to elevate customer exper …
- How does data science apply to health care, manufacturing and many other fields?
To demonstrate how exciting and varied data science is, here are a few examples of the research being conducted at Colorado School of Mines: 1. A team of Mines professors are using machine learning in …
- How to choose a data science graduate program
With the explosion in demand for data scientists has come a ton of educational options—from short boot camps to PhD specializations and everything in between. Here are a few things to think about when …
Value in Action
The annual salary survey consistently demonstrates the value of a Mines degree.