Professional Master’s Degree in Mining Engineering & Management
The Professional Master’s Non-Thesis degree in Mining Engineering Management is focused on the practical application of technical, financial, management and other linked disciplines that make up the mining industry today. It was developed on the premise that in addition to technical capacity, future mining industry leaders will need to:
- Identify and mitigate mining-related risks and elect when to make decisions with uncertain and incomplete information.
- Incorporate best practices and invest in new mining technologies that will bring the highest benefits.
- Communicate, work and lead teams to solve complex problems requiring many domains of expertise.
- Build effective reciprocal relationships with local communities.
- Integrate social, environmental, health, safety, security and life-of-mine considerations into sustainable decisions for the mining industry.
Professional Master’s Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree: Required
- GRE: Not Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Required – two letters. Letters of recommendation are not required for current Mines students.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV): Required
- Statement of Purpose: Required
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English, please review the ENGLISH PROFICIENCY requirement.
For additional information about these admissions requirements, please refer to the Admissions Requirements page
NOTE: Admission into this program requires an undergraduate degree in some discipline of engineering and at least five years of experience in the mining sector.
|CREDIT HOURS||TOTAL ONLINE TUITION & FEES Fall and Spring 2022-23|
- Employer contributions are routinely applied to cover a portion of this cost.
- Serious about a Mines program? Let Financial Aid help you consider payment options, identify employer contributions and more. We’re here to help.
- Fees for students enrolled in Mines Online programs or courses are included in the cost of tuition.
Request More Information
Investment You Can Count On
Mining Engineering Faculty
Rank - Research Associate
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-273-3123
Rank - Associate Department Head and Professor of Practice
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3704
Rank - Teaching Associate Professor
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-273-3074
Rank - Professor
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3711
H. Sebnem Duzgun
Rank - Professor and Fred Banfield Distinguished Endowed Chair
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-384-2357
Rank - Associate Professor
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
M. Stephen Enders
Rank - Department Head and Professor of Practice
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-273-3700
Rank - Professor
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3491
Value in Action
The annual salary survey
the value of a Mines degree.