Environmental Modeling Graduate Certificate Program
The graduate certificate in Environmental Modeling prepares Mines engineers to sustainably address the grand challenges facing engineered systems. This program will be of interest to students with engineering backgrounds who are interested in transitioning into fields of sustainability, environment, conservation and environmental engineering.
Students will explore a breadth of environmental modeling, from specific fate and transport to systems thinking. This certificate will provide students with a very marketable and in-demand skillset for quantifying environmental sustainability of designs. The certificate is a coherent curriculum by itself, but also represents an incremental goal, being 12 out of the 30 total credits towards completing a master’s degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Required
- GRE: Not Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Not Required
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV): Required
- Statement of Purpose: Not Required. Suggested if GPA is less than 3.0/4.0
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English, please review the English Proficiency requirement
|View Annual Cost of Attendance|
- Employer contributions are routinely applied to cover a portion of this cost.
- Serious about a Mines program? Let Financial Aid help you consider payment options, identify employer contributions and more. We’re here to help.
- Fees for students enrolled in Mines Online programs or courses are included in the cost of tuition.
Request More Information
Investment You Can Count On
Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty
Rank - Professor and Dean, Earth and Society Programs
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-384-2588
Rank - Professor and AMX Distinguished Chair of Environmental Sciences
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-384-2126
Rank - Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering; President, Colorado School of Mines
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-273-3280
Value in Action
The annual salary survey consistently demonstrates the value of a Mines degree.