Online at Colorado School of Mines
Energy Geophysics Certificate
Online Certificate Program for anyone wishing to expand their understanding of energy geophysics.
Gain or expand your geophysical skillset with this 12-credit certificate. Choose from four of the three-credit, eight-week online courses offered to complete the energy geophysics certificate. Each course runs concurrently with an on-campus, in-person course. This unique allows you to collaborate on discussions, projects, and group activities. Upon completion, course credits can be applied toward a graduate degree. You may also take individual courses in energy geophysics without applying for the complete certificate.
Certification in this robust program takes advantage of Mines’s world-renowned faculty and expertise in resource and energy evaluation. With guidance from industry-leading experts, you will expand your knowledge base to empower you to address current exploration and production challenges within the energy industry. By participating in this online certificate program, you will develop a solid foundation and proficiency in geophysical methods utilizing the most current workflow practices in the industry.
With this energy geophysics degree, you will develop a deeper understanding of:
- Well logging and other formation evaluation methods
- Rock physics and petrophysics
- Seismic data interpretation and quantitative analysis
- Seismic wave propagation and processing
- Distributed fiber-optic sensing and its applications
- Carbon capture, utilization and storage
Contact email@example.com to learn more.
WHY CHOOSE ENERGY GEOPHYSICS AT MINES?
- Colorado School of Mines is recognized for world-renowned expertise in resource and energy evaluation
- Become a part of Mines long history of involvement in resource and energy industry studies and gain access to its unique facilities
- Courses taught by industry-leading experts in seismic interpretation, quantitative analysis, anisotropic seismic data characterization, rock physics and petrophysics, and formation evaluation methods
- Courses include a hybrid of both on-site and remote students, providing collaborative opportunities
- Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (available 100% online from anywhere in the world)
- This program is an excellent “Bridge-to-Master’s” certificate and allows working geoscience professionals to gain long term educational credits
- Bachelor’s Degree: Required
- GRE: Not Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Not Required
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV): Required
- Statement of Purpose: Not Required. Suggested if GPA is less than 3.0/4.0
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English, please review the English Proficiency requirement
|View Annual Cost of Attendance
- Employer contributions are routinely applied to cover a portion of this cost.
- Serious about a Mines program? Let Financial Aid help you consider payment options, identify employer contributions and more. We’re here to help.
- Fees for students enrolled in Mines Online programs or courses are included in the cost of tuition.
Request More Information
Investment You Can Count On
Rank - Professor and Vice President for Global Initiatives
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 303-273-3938
Rank - Professor, Baker Hughes Chair in Petrophysics and Borehole Geophysics, and Associate Department Head
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 303-273-3512
Value in Action
The annual salary survey consistently demonstrates the value of a Mines degree.